Tuesday, 14 July 2015

New article on Irish children's literature in press!

In September the print version of my article on the Irish author Nicola Pierce's children's novel Spirit of the Titanic will be published in the journal Women's Studies: An Inter-disciplinary Journal. The article is entitled "Haunting the Text: Nicola Pierce’s Spirit of the Titanic and Irish Historical Children’s Fiction". My article forms part of the second Special Issue on Irish women's writing in the journal, edited by Brian McCabe. For anyone with an interest in Irish women's writing, I warmly recommend checking out the first Special Issue, which was published earlier this year.  A preview of the entire special issue and all the articles in it can be seen here Women's Studies: An Inter-disciplinary Journal



This article is part of several publications I have produced in recent years on children's literature. I am especially interesting in contemporary Irish and Australian children's/YA literature, particularly with a historical focus as this allows for a discussion of the politics of re-presenting history in postcolonial contexts through imaginative writing.  Working on Nicola Pierce's novel and examining the history surrounding the Titanic was really interesting. This was one of the most enjoyable projects I have worked on for a while, and I am really pleased that my article on this brilliant novel will be appearing in print soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.